School of Education Admission Checklist
Congratulations on being accepted to a Teacher Certification Program! Here are your next steps to full acceptance.
Create an NHDOE Account
1. Create/Log into your myNHDOE account with this link: myNHDOE Account / Ed ID
2. Email you Ed ID number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your Resume, References, and Personal Statement
Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification applicants provide these items as part of their admission application.
Undergraduates should submit a current resume, two letters/forms of reference (access our form), and a 500-1,000 word essay that describes how their background will make them an effective educator. Your full name must appear on each document.
Request Your Transcripts
Official transcripts for all previous coursework is required for full admission. Make arrangements with these institutions to have your transcripts to the UNH College of Professional Studies. All candidates must have a 3.0 GPA; in addition, post-baccalaureate candidates must have a conferred bachelor’s degree.
When submitting your program application, you should include transcripts and any other relevant materials that could be assessed for transfer credit.
This could include:
- Community college transcripts or transcripts for any college-level coursework completed at another four-year institution.
- Military transcripts
- Standardized or equivalency test scores
- Make arrangements for your official transcripts to be sent to Admissions at the UNH College of Professional Studies.
- The UNH CPS CEEB code is 0458.
- Mail to: UNH CPS Admissions, 88 Commercial St, Manchester, NH 03101
Declaration of Candidacy (Undergraduate Only)
Candidate must submit the Declaration of Candidacy prior to or while enrolled in EDU 622.
Praxis CoreYou must have a passing score on the PRAXIS CORE Academic Skills for Educators or a NH DOE Waiver in order to register for EDU 622.
PRAXIS CORE - ETS Institution/Recipient Code: RA3640
Criminal History Records Check
The NH Department of Education has mandated that all teacher candidates enrolling in clinical programs submit an official background check through the Department of Safety to meet the requirements of RSA 189:13-c.
You won't be able to enroll in clinical courses until we receive confirmation of your clearance.
Please follow these steps:
- Visit the NHDOE to follow the steps for the Criminal History Records Check Process
*Note: When scheduling your fingerprinting appointment through the Department
of Safety, please select THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION as the receiving
- Email a copy of your final CHRC clearance to: email@example.com
Supervising Practitioner Authorization
Collaborate with your supervisor at your field-placement site to complete the following form. Submit the finalized form to your assigned Field-Placement Faculty member.
Supervising Practitioner Certification
Email a copy of your Supervising Practitioner’s current certification to your Field-Placement Faculty member.